PONTIAC, Mi. (My TV 20 News at Ten ) --- Thanksgiving Day is two months away but the "Grace Centers of Hope" in Pontiac is already gearing up to serve meals to families in need on that day.
The group launched at campaign in which $2.05 will pay for a meal for someone in need.
Our Jorge Avellan spoke with a mother who will benefit from the campaign and will has her story.
Also find out how you can get a free Thanksgiving Day meal as well.
· Receive emergency food assistance,
call 211 (for landline users),
call 1.800.552.1183 (for cell phone users)
· Locate a pantry in your area, visit
· Contact the State of Michigan's Food Assistance Program hotline at 1-800-481-4989.
· Locate a Food Bank in Michigan, visit www.fbcmich.org.
· For emergency food assistance in Livingston County, go to Shared Harvest Pantry.
· For emergency food assistance downriver, visit www.downriverfishandloaves.org.
· For emergency food assistance in Macomb County, go to www.hopecentermacomb.org.