Fighting for his Life

14-Year-Old Shocked by Downed Power Lines Dies

By Dave Leval
By Peter Neumann

14-Year-Old Shocked by Downed Power Lines Dies

November 18, 2013 Updated Nov 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM EDT

DETROIT, Mi. (My TV20 News at 10) --- A 14-year-old boy who was shocked by coming into contact with fallen power lines November 18th has died from his injuries.

The power lines came down across the street from Robert Burns Elementary-Middle School in the 14000 block of Marlow after a strong storm whipped through southeast Michigan.

The boy and three friends were walking to school and he touched an active power line. His friends used pieces of wood to free him from the entangled wires.

The boy was hospitalized but died over the weekend, according to a statement issued by the city this morning.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "My2Cents” comment.


© Copyright 2014 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.