DETROIT (WXYZ) — This weekend in metro Detroit is expected to be a busy one. In addition to the return of the North American International Auto Show, both the Lions and Tigers will be hosting games in Detroit.
If you're feeling hungry, the Michigan Mega Food Truck Rally is coming to Canterbury Village.
Here's a list of seven things to do in the D this weekend:
- Saturday 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Several locations downtown including Comerica Park lots 1 and 2
- Up to 200 classic cars will be on display during this family-friendly car event, and the cars can be driven for free on a first-come, first-serve basis. The main events include Cars & Community, Motor City Party and Concours C'Elegance.
- Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Ford Field at 2000 Brush Street in Detroit
- The Detroit Lions are hosting the Washington Commanders in the second week of NFL football.
- Friday 7:10 p.m., Saturday 6:10 p.m. and Sunday 12:10 p.m.
- Comerica Park at 2100 Woodward Avenue in Detroit
- The Detroit Tigers are hosting the Chicago White Sox during a three-game series at Comerica Park. Depending on the game you attend, you could see fireworks, go home with a Detroit Roots tumbler or participate in Chevy Sunday Kids Day.
- Friday 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Little Caesars Arena at 2645 Woodward Avenue in Detroit
- Disney on Ice returns to Detroit with eight performances at Little Caesars Arena. The show's 40th anniversary will feature more than 50 characters from 14 classic and modern Disney stories.
- Thursday 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday noon to 9 p.m.
- Troy Civic Center at 500 W. Big Beaver Road in Troy
- This family-friendly festival is bringing the community together. There will be plenty of activities including a 5K run and walk and rides.
- Saturday noon to 3 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday noon to 5 p.m.
- Canterbury Village at 2369 Joslyn Court in Lake Orion
- Unique food, music, beer, wine, cocktails and shopping will be showcased during this rally.
- Public show Sept. 17 to Sept. 25
- Huntington Place at 1 Washington Boulevard in Detroit
- Thousands of car lovers will flock to the Motor City during the Detroit Auto Show, which is returning for the first time in three years. The auto show opens to the public Saturday and will feature electric vehicles, new technology and hands-on experiences for families.
Are you hosting an event next weekend? Email us about it at firstname.lastname@example.org.