Ahead of an expected winter storm that will hit metro Detroit starting Friday afternoon and lasting through the night, many communities are issuing snow emergencies.
A Winter Storm Warning will go into effect at 1 p.m. Friday and last through 4 a.m. Saturday for all of Southeast Michigan.
According to the National Weather Service, heavy, wet snow is expected and accumulations of 6-10 inches are possible in some areas.
Also, there will be strong wind gusts up to 35-45 mph this afternoon and this evening, with the heaviest snow expected after 5 p.m.
Below are the details for each travel snow emergency.
- Auburn Hills – through 4 p.m. Saturday
- Birmingham – through 12 p.m. Saturday
- Center Line – through 12 p.m. Saturday
- Dearborn Heights
- Hazel Park – Begins at midnight Saturday
- Livonia - Effective 11 p.m. Friday